2005:
School= 30 mins of getting ready, plucking eyebrows, making sure that mascara was on enough but not so much that I looked like I swung for the girls team (all girls school).
Boys high dances= 2 hours of getting ready, attempting avocado facemasks in a last ditch attempt to get rid of 'that blackhead', carrot and yoghurt leg soaks to 'soften the hairs' before shaving...
Boys high dances= 2 hours of getting ready, attempting avocado facemasks in a last ditch attempt to get rid of 'that blackhead', carrot and yoghurt leg soaks to 'soften the hairs' before shaving...
2010:
Where the heck do I start? First off, I'm hungry. And if I had an avocado I sure as hell wouldn't smear it on my face; I'd smear it on some crackers. Or toast.
I do my mascara in the car at the lights and usually get tooted at. It takes me a good hour or 2 to properly get dressed, do my 'face' (minus eyes) and hair. I don't get 'dolled up' (eyeshadow, really) unless I'm on the prowl or going to have a couple of drinks; which is a VERY rare occasion.
Whilst getting ready, Addi is either:
Asleep, and manages to wake up whilst I am half ready - e.g. one eye is done, half of my hair, either lack of top or lack of bottoms....
OR
Awake and *okay* for a bit, then gets grumpy, and the above happens.
Whilst getting ready, Addi is either:
Asleep, and manages to wake up whilst I am half ready - e.g. one eye is done, half of my hair, either lack of top or lack of bottoms....
OR
Awake and *okay* for a bit, then gets grumpy, and the above happens.
She's not an inconvenience, it's just so funny how 5 years ago I got so much more done in 2 hours than I do now.
But then again, if I did *only what I needed to do* then it would have taken a lot less time. In saying that, 'doing my face' isn't really a necessity but it also *IS* at the same time if people don't want to die from eye poisoning.
It's odd how many animals one can resemble in a day.
But then again, if I did *only what I needed to do* then it would have taken a lot less time. In saying that, 'doing my face' isn't really a necessity but it also *IS* at the same time if people don't want to die from eye poisoning.
It's odd how many animals one can resemble in a day.
6am: Panda
9am: Cat (SENIOR NOT KITTEN)
Lunch time: carnivorous lion
4pm: All of the above
6pm: carnivorous lion but being cat-like in the fact she is too lazy/busy cleaning to eat so will just whine about it
8pm: monkey grooming its young
10pm: Sleepy kitten
And so on.
I have gone off on a tangent which is what I'm good at but the point to all this rambling is that things change so much when you have a baby/when you become a mother. Addis needs and wants are more important than my face but I'll always try to look my best.
I was never a 'drinker' or a 'social butterfly', although I can be when necessary, so I don't have anything to miss getting ready for.
But when the time comes, I will be sooo grateful to get ready for something! I would love to have a weekend away from dishes, and washing, and boring things. I wish Addi and I could go away somewhere nice and relaxed and new, and get to have lazy fun times together. One day :) It is never too late.
9am: Cat (SENIOR NOT KITTEN)
Lunch time: carnivorous lion
4pm: All of the above
6pm: carnivorous lion but being cat-like in the fact she is too lazy/busy cleaning to eat so will just whine about it
8pm: monkey grooming its young
10pm: Sleepy kitten
And so on.
I have gone off on a tangent which is what I'm good at but the point to all this rambling is that things change so much when you have a baby/when you become a mother. Addis needs and wants are more important than my face but I'll always try to look my best.
I was never a 'drinker' or a 'social butterfly', although I can be when necessary, so I don't have anything to miss getting ready for.
But when the time comes, I will be sooo grateful to get ready for something! I would love to have a weekend away from dishes, and washing, and boring things. I wish Addi and I could go away somewhere nice and relaxed and new, and get to have lazy fun times together. One day :) It is never too late.
