
As the new year rolls in, as do resolutions and self-promises. Drinks go down, there are New Years kisses... Others staring to the skies wondering when they'll get theirs...
This time a year ago I was in bed asleep, roughly 1 month pregnant (little did I know) and my phone was on silent. I was alone.
This year I am sharing my bed with my girl, my stomach is full of banana smoothie and a handful of cold marshmellows. My eyes are heavy, it's hot outside. I'm not drunk nor am I wanting to be.. That was 2 years ago. That was when it was exciting to be drunk. When I wasn't content with who I was.
This year I am sharing my bed with my girl, my stomach is full of banana smoothie and a handful of cold marshmellows. My eyes are heavy, it's hot outside. I'm not drunk nor am I wanting to be.. That was 2 years ago. That was when it was exciting to be drunk. When I wasn't content with who I was.
While my loved ones are off getting kisses at 12; I will be listening to Addi sniffles and I will kiss her, I will tell her I love her and that this year coming will be the beginning of the rest of our lives.
So goodbye to pain, expectations and sitting in the back. Goodbye to texting and waiting, asking and being let down.
Hello to being in control, being missy's #1 and making the most of it. Hello to solids and crawling and longer hair, walking and talking... shoes with soles, jeans with zippers and hair ties. Hello to conversations and hugs and kisses...
A new year, a new attitude; and it wasn't forced nor was it expected but here I am, not drunk and extremely content and proud of my tiny wee Addi- oh and myself :)
Hello to being in control, being missy's #1 and making the most of it. Hello to solids and crawling and longer hair, walking and talking... shoes with soles, jeans with zippers and hair ties. Hello to conversations and hugs and kisses...
A new year, a new attitude; and it wasn't forced nor was it expected but here I am, not drunk and extremely content and proud of my tiny wee Addi- oh and myself :)
